Brown Rice the ISLANDS MCHEF Way and roasted almonds
- 1 sweet onion (white)
- 250 ml (1 cup) of brown rice
- 500 ml (2 cups) of chicken or vegetable broth
- 5 gr (1 tsp) of the herbs from the ISLANDS MCHEF
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) of butter
- A drizzle of vegetable oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) of soy sauce
- 65 ml (1/4 tasse) of roasted tamari almonds
- Preheat oven to 325 °F (180 °C) and place rack in center of oven. Rince rice in a colander over cold water. Drain and reserve.
- Drizzle oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and brown for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add rice and pour soy sauce and stir, then add the chicken broth and herbs from the ISLANDS MCHEF. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook 20 minutes in the oven.
- Then add the knob of butter and the almonds and mix with a wooden spoon. A delicous accompaniment with any meat, fish or legumes stews or simply served cold in a salad!