Cari Fish with the ISLANDS MCHEF Way
- This particular dish is coming from the Reunion Island and they call it “Rougail”
- 4 beautiful fish fillets, boneless and skinless (180-200 gr / 7-8 oz. per serving)
- 5 gr (1 tsp) of the rub from the ISLANDS MCHEF
- Drizzle of oil of your choice (vegetable oil, sunflower oil or olive oil)
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) softened butter
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) of capers)
- 1 tomato seeded and cut into brunoise (small dice
- A handful of parsley, basil and chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C) and place rack in center of the oven. In a baking dish, pour a little oil, and remove the fillets and add knobs of butter over the fish.
- Add the rub from the ISLANDS MCHEF, lemon zest, capers and diced tomatoes and bake for 20 minutes.
- Place fillets on warm plates. Pour lemon juice and sprinkle herbs just before serving.
- Serve with a good rice Pilaf made with the herbs from the SOUTH FROM THE SOUTH OF FRANCE MCHEF and a green salad and bon appetite!!! Enjoy!