Chick Pea & Grilled Vegetable Salad, the LOUISIANA MCHEF Way!
- 250 ml (1 cup) of canned chick peas, well washed in a colander
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) of olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small ginger piece, peeled and grated
- 1 red pepper, minced
- 1 handful of fresh coriander and basil
- 5 gr (1 tsp) of the herbs from LOUISIANA MCHEF
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) of tomato paste
- 1/2 lemon juice
- In a Wok over high heat, drizzle oil and fry pepper and onion. Then, add chick peas, garlic, ginger and the herbs from LOUISIANA MCHEF. Sauté for a minute with a wooden spoon.
- Lower the heat to medium intensity and add tomato paste. Season with salt and pepper according if needed
- Just before serving (can be served hot or cold), squeeze half a lemon and add fresh herbs over the salad. Enjoy!