Classic Crème Brûlée with the SPICY MAPLE SUGAR MCHEF
- 500 ml (2 cups) of heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks + 1 whole egg, beaten
- 250 ml (1 cup) of granulated white sugar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) of natural vanilla essence bourbon
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) SPICY MAPLE SUGAR MCHEF
- Prepare four ramekins and place on a baking pan. Place oven rack in center of the oven and preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- Heat water in a kettle.
- In a saucepan, heat the cream in a pot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Then, lower the heat and let it simmer a minute. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk or use a mixer to cream the egg yolk, and then add the sugar and vanilla. Whip for 45 seconds. 5. Pour the cream slowly while whisking.
- Pour the liquid into the ramekins and pour boiling water around the ramekins so the creams may cook in a bain-marie.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes while depending on the intensity of your oven.
- Cool thirty minutes, then add sugar mixed with the SPICY MAPLE SUGAR MCHEF over the creams. Using a blowtorch, burn cream and serve!