Filet mignon with the MCHEF STEAK RUB, and red wine velvety sauce
- 4 beautiful filet mignon preferably thick beef (180 to 200 gr / 6 to 7 oz each)
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 5 gr (1 teaspoon) of STEAK RUB MCHEF
- 1/4 cup (65 mL) dry red wine
- ½ cup (125 mL) veal half-ice cream
- 10 gr (2 teaspoons) softened butter (half for the color of the meat and the other half for the sauce)
- Vegetable oil fillet
- Preparation Preheat the oven to 450 ° F (230 ° C) and place the rack in the center.
- Season with salt and black pepper from the meat mill.
- In a medium skillet, drizzle with oil and add a knob of butter and, on high heat, color on both sides.
- Add STEAK RUB MCHEF, shallots and wine around the fillets.
- Bake (a rare cooking takes 3 minutes and a pink cooking, 5 minutes).
- Place the fillets on hot plates and over high heat, reduce the cooking juices of the fillets and pour in the veal ice and the remaining butter to bind the sauce.
- Top the sauce fillets.
- Serve with a wonderful gratin Dauphinois (see recipe) and green vegetables slightly sautéed with wild garlic … Bon appétit! Good tasting!