Homemade Chips Seasoned the LOUISIANA MCHEF Way
- 6 potatoes Russet, unpeeled and chopped a mandolin (Optional: sweet potatoes (3 units) or the blue potatoes, a dozen because they are smaller, or any other roots or vegetables)
- 1 L (4 cups) of peanut oil, or sunflower or vegetable oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) of LOUISIANA MCHEF Blend
- In a large bowl of water, place the thin slices of potatoes in order to eliminate the starch. Drain potatoes and dry well with absorbent paper towels.
- In a large pot, pour oil and heat it up over high heat. Test the temperature of the oil with one potato slice. If it sizzles, it’s time to fry!
- Then, place chips in a bowl and sprinkle the LOUISIANA MCHEF Blend . Shake the bowl to mix well.
- This recipe is absolutely delicious. (Advice: However if you decide to use more than one type of potatoes or even root vegetables, I suggest to cook them separately). Nice treat! Enjoy!
- Serve with a nice glass of beer and smoked roasted nuts with the SAN ANTONIO MCHEF Blend!!!