Lamb Burger with the HERBS FROM THE SOUTH OF FRANCE, the best ever!
- 4 onion buns
- 650 gr lamb ground Quebec (If you prefer another ground meat is to your liking and it will also de-li-cious!)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) of sundried tomato pesto or 4 sheets of dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 10 g (2 tsp) of the HERBS FROM THE SOUTH OF FRANCE
- 1 egg, beaten
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) breadcrumbs
- Dijonnaise (Dijon mustard blend with mayonnaise…Add 5 ml (1 tsp) of basil pesto! Miam!
- 4 leaves of crispy romaine lettuce, washed and thoroughly patted dry
- 4 slices of cheese…For a local taste GOURMET, goat cheese, blue cheese, flowing triple cream cheese or Camembert melted into the burger … Superb!!!
- Ingredients for the eggplant marinade: 8 slices of eggplant (not too thick!)
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) of vegetable oil
- Optional: Onion confit (see recipe)
- Mix meat, pesto, parsley, garlic, the HERBS FROM THE SOUTH OF FRANCE, breadcrumbs and egg to form a big ball.
- Separate the meat into 4 flat patties. Place on a dish, wrap with plastic and refrigerate.
- Light up the grill and set the temperature to high. Once hot, combine eggplant, lemon and oil in a bowl and grill the eggplant in the bottom rack. Crisscross well on both sides.
- Then move the eggplant on the top rack of the grill to finish cooking. Grill patties on bottom rack. When it is cook to perfection, add cheese slices and let it melt less than a minute.
- Spread Dijon mustard on both sides of the buns, place the lamb patties on bread, eggplant, onion confit and salad.
- Serve with a tomato salad with bocconcini, balsamic syrup, basil, zest and juice of 1/2 lemon, a drizzle of olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper! Enjoy your meal!!!