MCHEF Beef Tartar with the STEAK RUB
• ¼ shallots (10 g), finely chopped
• 1 tsp capers (3 g), finely chopped
• 1 tsp (5 ml) Dijon mustard
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) extra virgin olive oil
• 1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) Worcestershire sauce, to taste
• 1 egg yolks
• *300 g beef, filets mignon, or rib steak, chopped into small pieces
• 1 tsp (3 g) of MCHEF STEAK RUB
*The quantities given here are based on this recipe served as a main course. Cut the quantity in half to present this dish as a starter (75 g of beef/serving).
1. Separate the egg whites and yolks. Set the whites aside in a glass jar with a lid and put them in the refrigerator or freezer for a future use in another recipe. Put the yolks in a bowl.
2. Finely chop the shallots and capers, then add them to the bowl. Add the mustard, olive oil, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well using a fork.
3. Using a knife, chop the beef into small pieces until the desired consistency is obtained, then add the pieces to the bowl with the other ingredients. Season with the MCHEF STEAK RUB to enhance flavors. No need to add salt or pepper! Bon appétit!