MCHEF THAILAND Broccoli, Orange & Almond Salad
- 1 nice broccoli cut into small florets (bouquets)
- 2 oranges, peeled, cut in half and minced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of roasted slivered almonds
- Fast salad dressing: 15 ml (1 tbsp) of nut oil
- 5 g (1 tsp) of herbs from THAILAND MCHEF
- 5 ml (1 tsp) honey
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) sherry vinegar
- Prepare a bowl of ice water and have it next to the stove. Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil. Add a heaping tablespoon of salt. Add the broccoli florets and cook until crisp-tender, 1 minute.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and plunge immediately in the ice water
- Preheat oven to 325 °F ( 160 °C) and place rack in center of oven. On a baking sheet, place the almonds and roast 7 minutes. Watch from time to time, we want a nice golden brown color!
- When the almonds are ready, place the pan on the counter and let it cool down.
- In a nice salad bowl, wishk the liquids and herbs for the salad dressing.
- Add broccoli, orange and almonds and mix the dressing. Serve this lovely salad with a good glass of wine. Cheers!