Raw Zucchini Julienne, Mediterranean MCHEF Way, Crispy Bacon & Pine Nuts
- 2 zucchini, cut into julienne (using a mandoline or a chef’s knife)
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) of roasted pine nuts
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) of olive oil
- 5 g (1 tsp) of the herbs from the MEDITERRANEAN MCHEF
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of bacon
- Zest and juice of half a citron
- Minced bacon on a butcher board and dump in a small pot of cold water (1 cup). Bring to a boil and cook for a minute.
- Strain the bacon then in a medium size pan over high heat, sear the bacon until nice brown color and crispy!
- Cut zucchini into julienne and place in a bowl. Add lemon zest and juice, olive oil and sprinkle with the herbs from the MEDITERRANEAN MCHEF.
- Toss gently. Add bacon crisp and roasted pine nuts.
- Accompany with a lovely glass of wine and enjoy. Cheers!