Burger with the best MCHEF STEAK RUB ever for the pleasure of your family and guests!
4 onion buns
- 650 gr beef-pork-veal ground Quebec (If you prefer only ground beef, go ahead! It’s your way…Or the highway!)
- 10 g (2 tsp) of the MCHEF STEAK RUB
- 1 egg, beaten
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) breadcrumbs
- Dijonnaise (Dijon mustard blend with mayonnaise…Add 5 ml (1 tsp) of basil or arugula pesto! Miam! AND it’s delicious if you add also spicy sauce (Ex. Harissa / Sriracha / Even Cayenne Pepper)
- 4 leaves of crispy romaine lettuce, washed and thoroughly patted dry
- 4 slices of cheese…For a local taste GOURMET, goat cheese, blue cheese, flowing triple cream cheese or Camembert melted into the burger … Superb!!!
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) of vegetable oil
- Optional: Onion confit (see recipe)
- Mix meat with the MCHEF STEAK RUB, the beaten egg and the breadcrumbs to form a big ball.
- Separate the meat into 4 flat patties. Place on a dish, wrap with plastic and refrigerate.
- Light up the grill and set the temperature to high. Grill patties on bottom rack (direct cooking). Crisscross well on both sides to give a nice coloration and to concentrate the juice of the meat in the center of the meat. When it is cook to perfection according to your liking, add cheese slices and let it melt less than a minute by placing the patties on the superior grill (indirect cooking).
- Spread Dijon mustard on both sides of the buns, place the patties on bread, cheese, lettuce, and the onion confit.
- Serve with a tomato salad with bocconcini, balsamic syrup, basil, zest and juice of 1/2 lemon, a drizzle of olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper! Enjoy your meal!!!