Comfort Soup with the LOUISIANA MCHEF Blend!
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) of vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 turnip, peeled and cut in small dices
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 10 g (2 tsp) of the herbs from LOUISIANA MCHEF
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) tomato paste
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 chick pea can or lentil can, washed and rinsed (your preference)
- 2 L (8 cups) of chicken or vegetable broth (your choice)
- Topping just before serving: plain yogurt, Corinth raisins, flaked almonds, parsley and orange zest
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, drizzle oil and sauté the onions. Then add carrot, celery, turnip and zucchini. Sprinkle with the herbs from LOUISIANA MCHEF.
- Bring to a boil, and then lower the heat and let the magic enhance to the soup. Add chick peas or lentils, as you wish, and let it simmer for a good 25 minutes. Skim off the scum from soup.
- Serve hot! Before serving, add the delicious topping. A nutritious and recomforting dish! Enjoy!