My Secret Recipe of Potato Gratin with the HERBS FROM THE SOUTH OF FRANCE MCHEF
- 4 peeled Idaho potatoes, peeled, cut in two lenghtwise and minced
- 1 small sweet potato (to add flavor and color), peeled and cut into small dices
- 2 cups (500 ml) heavy cream
- 5 g (1 tsp) of the HERBS FROM THE SOUTH OF FRANCE MCHEF
- 5 g (1 tsp) softened butter to grease the baking pan
- Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C). In a greased baking dish with butter, sprinkle the HERBS FROM THE SOUTH OF FRANCE MCHEF.
- Peel the potatoes and rinse them in a bowl filled with cold water.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and slice them no thicker than 1/4 inches. The slices must stay intact to conserve the original form of the potato. Place them in the dish.
- Boil the cream for a minute and pour it over the potatoes. The secret is to cover the gratin with butter foil paper so the cream gets into the potatoes (absorbed)!
- Place the dish in the center of the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Enjoy this amazing accompaniment dish!!!