MCHEF®: I am excited to share with you my very best gluten-free and sugar-free pop tart recipe. It’s the taste of my childhood. It’s Celebrate the joy of baking! Love it! Made easy! Make it👩🍳😋👌
•2 1/2 cup of almond flour or gluten-free flour, your choice
•1/2 cup of coconut Flour
•1/4 cup of erythritol (swerve)
•2 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum - or an egg 🥚
•1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
•1/2 cup (4 oz) of melted butter or dairy-free vegan butter
•1/2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
Mix these ingredients for the filling:
•8 tbsp of sugar-free jam of your choice
•4 tbsp of cream cheese or vegan coconut yogurt
•1/4 tsp of the MCHEF® Sweet Grandma Pumpkin Spice
Baked! 🙌 Sprinkle with:
•1/3 cup of sugar-free powdered sweetener
•2 tbsp of unsweetened almond milk adjust to taste
•1 tsp of raspberry syrup for taste & color
•Sprinkled with tiny candies!
1. Preheat oven to 180C (350F) and place grill in Center of the oven. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients together: Almond flour (or gluten-free flour), coconut flour, sugar-free sweetener and xanthan gum (or an egg).
3. Add in unsweetened almond milk, melted butter, and apple cider vinegar.
4. Combine with a spoon at first then knead the dough with your hands until you are able to shape a ball.
5. Wrap the pastry dough ball into a piece of parchment paper or cling film wrap. Freeze 25 minutes.
6. Remove the dough from the freezer and divide the dough ball in half. Roll each half between two pieces of parchment paper into a 1/4 inches thick rectangles. You will get 16 rectangles, 8 from each half dough balls.
7. Transfer rectangles of dough onto the prepared baking tray, leaving 1 thumb space between rectangles. Spread 1/2 tsp of the filling in the center of each rectangle of dough leaving 1/2 inch (1 cm) border around the edges. Lay the other rectangles over the filling and seal the edges by pressing with your fingertips.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes in the center rack of the oven until the crust is golden brown.
9. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine sugar-free powdered sweetener with almond milk and raspberry syrup. And set aside the little candies for decoration!
10. Cool down and drizzle the glazing! Enjoy