• ¼ shallots (10 g), finely chopped
• 1 tsp capers (3 g), finely chopped
• 1 tsp (5 ml) Dijon mustard
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) extra virgin olive oil
• 1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) Worcestershire sauce, to taste
• 1 egg yolks
• *300 g beef, filets mignon, or rib steak, chopped into small pieces
• 1 tsp (3 g) of MCHEF® STEAK RUB
*The quantities given here are based on this recipe served as a main course. Cut the quantity in half to present this dish as a starter (75 g of beef/serving).
1. Separate the egg whites and yolks. Set the whites aside in a glass jar with a lid and put them in the refrigerator or freezer for a future use in another recipe. Put the yolks in a bowl.
2. Finely chop the shallots and capers, then add them to the bowl. Add the mustard, olive oil, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well using a fork.
3. Using a knife, chop the beef into small pieces until the desired consistency is obtained, then add the pieces to the bowl with the other ingredients. Season with the MCHEF® STEAK RUB to enhance flavors. No need to add salt or pepper! Bon appétit!