- 4 1 1/4-to-1 1/2-inch-thick boneless rib-eye or New York strip steaks (about 12 ounces each) or filets mignons (8 to 10 ounces each), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons of MCHEF® STEAK RUB https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXKva_iRiaw
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil, grape seed oil or extra-virgin cold-pressed olive oil
BBQ sauce as an accompaniment
Refrigerate and let marinate for at least 1 hour.
- About 20 minutes before grilling, remove the steaks from the refrigerator and let sit, covered, at room temperature.
- Heat your grill to high, 400 degrees F. Brush the steaks on both sides with oil and season liberally with MCHEF® STEAK RUB. Place the steaks on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue to grill 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140 degrees F) or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (150 degrees F).
- Transfer the steaks to a cutting board or platter, tent loosely with foil and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Enjoy with a nice glass of red wine! It's quite an experience for taste buds!