This is such a delicious recipe. To do for your guests this weekend, for your family for week nights. Try this! Easy and Delicious! I learned this famous recipe at Le Caveau, a 50 year French Cuisine Restaurant back in Montreal in 1999. It will be a success as little bites with a glass of red wine for your dining event, I guarantee! The wine pairing is below as well.
50 minutes / Perfect recipe for appetizers
Make a double recipe for your family weekly meals
Ingredients for the meatballs
1 pound pork-beef-veal
40 ml (1/6 cup) fresh breadcrumbs
A bit of heavy cream
1 egg, beaten
1/2 handful parsley washed and chopped
5 g (1 tsp) of MCHEF® LOUISIANA
Ingredients for the sauce (you can keep the rest in an hermetic container in the freezer, it's useful to have some when needed for extra flavors on your next recipe)
1 grey shallot, chopped
5 g (1 tsp) of MCHEF® PROVENCE
125 ml (1/2 cup) dry red wine
375 ml (1 1/2 cup) of veal demi-glace
15 ml (1 tbsp) softened butter
1. Place parchment paper on a pastry pan.
2. Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C) and place rack in center of the oven.
3. In a bowl, combine meatball ingredients and shape into balls the size of a clementine and place on the baking sheet.
4. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Once the meatballs are cooked, set aside
7. On a small skillet over high heat, color shallot. Add a drizzle of oil and a knob of butter, shallot and MCHEF® PROVENCE. Then pour wine and let it evaporate to half. Add demi-glace and bring to a boil. Then let it simmer until ready to serve. Pour sauce with a ladle over meatballs and pick with a little wood stick the meatballs. Put the meatballs stick on a cocktail cup, then place cocktail cups on a service platter. Good treat and so delicious! Everyone will love these savory bites!
For the wine pairing, enjoy this recipe with a glass of Merlot, Pinot Noir, or white Burgundy.