Savory Perfumed Rice with the herbs from LOUISIANA MCHEF
- 1 sweet onion (white)
- 250 ml (1 cup) of rice of your choice (basmati, jasmine or white rice)
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) of chicken or vegetable broth
- 5 gr (1 tsp) of the herbs from LOUISIANA MCHEF
- 15ml (1 tbsp) of butter
- A drizzle of vegetable oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) of frozen green peas
- Preheat oven to 325 °F (180 °C) and place rack in center of oven. Rince rice in a colander over cold water. Drain and reserve.
- Drizzle oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and brown for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add rice and stir, then add the chicken broth and herbs from LOUISIANA MCHEF. Sprinkle with the herbs from LOUISIANA MCHEF. Add rice, broth and bring to a boil. Cover and cook 20 minutes in the oven.
- Then add the knob of butter and peas and mix with a wooden spoon. Cover for another 5 minutes. A delicous accompaniment with any meat, fish or legumes stews or simply served cold in a salad!